Have you lost a lot of weight in recent months or years? If so, you probably have some areas of your body that have been resistant to diet and exercise. These stubborn, fatty areas can make clothing fit poorly and interfere with daily activities.
Ridding yourself of these problem areas can seem impossible, and you aren’t alone. Many people who lose a significant amount of weight simply live with their new bodies, but there is no reason to be uncomfortable. Some of the most common problem areas include:
- Upper thighs
- Lower Abdomen (muffin top)
- Hips/Buttucks (saddle bags)
- Upper arms (bat wings)
Depending on your problem areas, there are several different potential cosmetic procedures in which you may be interested. These may include:
- Tummy tuck — This procedure removes excess skin, fat, and tissue in the lower abdomen. If you need excess skin and fat to be removed all the way around your waist, you may want to look at a beltectomy.
- Liposuction — If you have some stubborn pockets of fat, but aren’t worried about stretched or sagging skin, liposuction may be the answer. It is less invasive than plastic surgery and can give you the body contouring you’re looking for.
- Arm lift — This procedure removes excess skin and fat from your upper arms.
- Thigh and butt lift — While these are technically two separate procedures, they are often done together. This gives you a firm, supple buttocks with shapely thighs.
- Breast lift — Sagging can occur if breasts lose volume during weight loss. If you don’t want larger breasts, you can opt for a breast lift that restores the perkiness without enlargement.
Of course, every person is different. While these are the general options, that doesn’t mean they are the best ones for you. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation where we can discuss your desired body image and how to obtain it.