An Abdominoplasty Performed Near Trinity, FL Can Help You Cross the Weight-Loss Finish Line
If you’re disappointed to see your “pot belly,” “spare tire,” or “love handles” whenever you look at your reflection in a mirror, you may be a candidate for an abdominoplasty. Dr. John Roach, a double board certified plastic and general surgeon, has the expertise necessary to help you decide if this cosmetic procedure is right for you. Dr. Roach performs surgery at a fully accredited surgical center near the Bayside Center for Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, the practice he founded in the Trinity, Florida, area more than a decade ago.
What Is an Abdominoplasty?
The goal of an abdominoplasty, or a tummy tuck, is to create a flatter and smoother midsection by removing excess fat and skin and surgically tightening the abdominal muscles. While not intended to be an easy way to eliminate extra pounds, this surgical procedure may be suitable for you if you are active and generally healthy, and you have been unable to achieve the midsection that you want with sincere attempts at diet and exercise.
After discussing your appearance-related goals, Dr. Roach can recommend a customized treatment plan to help you achieve them. Dr. Roach takes a holistic approach to cosmetic surgery that incorporates total body wellness – nutrition guidelines, personal training, yoga, and more – to help ensure an optimal and natural-looking outcome.
Can You Achieve the Results You’re Looking for Without Surgery?
To a certain extent, it may be possible to tone and contour your abdomen without surgery. If excess belly fat is gnawing at your self-confidence, you might try the following suggestions prior to considering an abdominoplasty:
- Drink eight to ten cups of water every day, and make it your beverage of choice. Substitute water for soda, beer, and other high-calorie options.
- Rather than eating three traditional large meals each day, eat a small, well-balanced meal every two to three hours.
- Cut back on fried foods and baked goods, and eat more fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, lean meats, and low-fat dairy products instead.
- Build muscle mass and boost your metabolism with interval training, such as lifting weights and performing aerobic exercises on alternate days. Include a set of crunches to help tighten your abdominal muscles.
- Learn and practice good posture.
If you’ve been unable to attain the midsection you desire on your own, Dr. Roach may be able to help. Contact the Bayside Center for Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery today to schedule a consultation near Trinity, FL. Dr. Roach will be pleased to meet with you, answer your questions, and provide detailed information about abdominoplasty, facial rejuvenation, and other cosmetic procedures he performs at a fully accredited surgical facility near Land O’Lakes, FL.