The female body is a wonder for how resilient it is through the pregnancy and post-birth phases of life. Even though it goes through huge changes in shape, size, and function through these times, sometimes things don’t quite go back to how they were before. Many new mothers turn to breast augmentation following breast feeding and pregnancy as a way of restoring their appearance to their pre-pregnancy days.
Here are just a few facts about the impact of breastfeeding and pregnancy on breast shape:
- Many women’s breasts tend to look “deflated” after breastfeeding
- It is common for women to have less breast volume after breastfeeding and pregnancy
- Extra skin or sagging after breastfeeding is also common
Breast augmentation can be a great option if any of these apply to you.
Benefits of Breast Augmentation
- Implants can help restore lost volume after pregnancy and enhance fullness to improve a deflated appearance
- Beyond improving the size of your breasts, augmentation can improve the shape of your breasts as well
- If you’ve experienced sagging after pregnancy or breastfeeding, augmentation can restore a perkier look that enhances fullness and cleavage
What Type of Implants Are Best?
Many new mothers opt for silicone implants after pregnancy and breastfeeding for the softer feeling they provide over saline implants. Silicone implants also tend to wrinkle and ripple less than saline implant. “Gummy bear” implants are a third option that use a thicker gel and a tear drop shave that gives a very perky and natural result. These are popular with patients who want fuller breasts, but want them to appear as natural as possible.
The Bayside Center is highly experienced with new mothers wanting to get their pre-pregnancy looks back. If you’re looking for breast augmentation after your pregnancy, look no further than Dr. Roach. Call us at 1-813-528-8744 for more information or to schedule a complimentary consultation today.