Dr. John Roach, Renowned Breast Implant Surgeon Near New Tampa, Discusses How to Prepare for Surgery
Dr. John Roach, a prominent, experienced breast implant surgeon in the New Tampa area, has the knowledge and expertise to offer the latest state-of-the-art breast surgery techniques to create natural-looking results. In 2008, Dr. Roach founded the Bayside Center for Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery after graduating with honors from medical school and completing seven years of intensive training in general, plastic, and reconstructive surgery. Dr. Roach has also earned numerous awards throughout his education and career, including the esteemed honor of being named chief resident in plastic and reconstructive surgery at the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine. While Dr. Roach performs a variety of plastic surgery procedures, he is particularly well-known for his skill as a breast implant surgeon for patients from New Tampa and the surrounding communities.
If you are ready to proceed with surgery, breast implant surgeon Dr. Roach of the New Tampa area offers the following guidance to help you prepare:
- Confirm with your doctor your preferences for size, implant type, incision type, and surgical technique.
- Follow your doctor’s instructions regarding your preoperative visit, which will likely include blood work to confirm that you are healthy enough to undergo surgery.
- Discuss your all of your medications—including prescriptions, over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements—with your doctor, who will go over the medications you can and can’t take prior to surgery. For example, your doctor will probably tell you to avoid aspirin, which can increase your risk of excessive bleeding.
- If you smoke, quit. In addition to all of its other negative effects, smoking will inhibit your recovery.
- If directed by your physician, get a mammogram, which will provide a baseline picture of your pre-surgery breasts.
- Think about and procure the supplies you may need to have on hand following your surgery, such as ice packs, antibacterial soap, bandages, pillows, pajamas that button in the front, a non-underwire front closure bra, snacks, reading material, etc.
- Enlist a support system to help you through your recovery.
If you have further questions about breast augmentation surgery, you may want to schedule a consultation with breast implant surgeon Dr. Roach at his clinic near New Tampa. Contact the Bayside Center for Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery to make an appointment or learn more about our clinic and services.