Enhance Your Appearance and Self-Esteem with Silicone Breast Implants in the New Tampa Area at the Bayside Center for Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
To enhance your appearance and boost your self-esteem, you may want to consider silicone breast implants. New Tampa women have trusted Dr. John Roach of the Bayside Center for Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery for years to help them make informed decisions about breast augmentation and to safely and skillfully perform their surgeries. You, too, will feel comfortable with Dr. Roach, an experienced breast surgeon who will expertly answer your questions and provide you with the personalized care and attention you need and deserve when making this important and exciting decision.
You may be confused about some of the negative information you’ve heard about silicone breast implants. Despite their overwhelming popularity since the 1960s, silicone breast implants went out of favor with the FDA in the 1990s, mainly due to insufficient evidence of their safety. However, following the completion of detailed studies in 2006, the FDA approved silicone breast implants as safe for breast enhancement purposes. Indeed, today, the silicone breast implants available at our center near New Tampa are much different than those of decades past. Dr. Roach utilizes FDA-approved, medical grade, biocompatible textured or smooth silicone shells filled with silicone gel. These implants are used worldwide and have undergone rigorous research studies that have consistently confirmed their safety.
Some of the reasons women choose silicone breast implants at our center near New Tampa include:
- Lower rate of rippling and wrinkling
- Lighter implant weight results in lower risk of downward displacement due to gravity
- Perceived natural look and feel
- Particularly well-suited for thin women with modest breast tissue because their softer consistency makes the edges less obvious and the implant less visible
On the other hand, there are some disadvantages of silicone breast implants that our New Tampa surgeon will be happy to discuss more fully with you:
- Higher cost
- Because the implants are prefilled by the manufacturer and must fit through the incision, more visible scarring may result
- Slightly higher risk of capsular contracture due to rupture
- Routine MRI scans are recommended by the FDA to detect “silent” ruptures
Breast implants can enhance your appearance and self-esteem. If you live in the New Tampa area, are considering breast implant surgery, and would like to learn more about your options for silicone breast implants, contact the Bayside Center for Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery to schedule a personal consultation with Dr. Roach.