Preparing for a Liposuction Procedure – Helpful Tips for Patients in New Tampa, Lutz, Wesley Chapel, and Beyond
Patients about to undergo a liposuction procedure should follow their surgeon’s specific instructions to ensure a safe recovery and optimal results. At the Bayside Center for Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, for example, Dr. John Roach makes sure his patients are well prepared for their liposuction procedure and recovery by discussing pre- and postoperative guidelines with them before their surgery. Dr. Roach’s commitment to providing his patients with personal and attentive care throughout the surgery process is just one reason he is a leading plastic surgeon serving Tampa, Land O’Lakes, Spring Hill, and surrounding communities.
Depending on the area of the body being treated, Dr. Roach’s pre- and postoperative instructions may vary slightly, though there are some general recommendations that apply to nearly any type of liposuction procedure. As a liposuction surgeon, Dr. Roach advises his liposuction patients to do the following:
- Quit smoking at least two weeks before surgery to ensure safe and proper healing
- Stop taking aspirin and other anti-inflammatory drugs at least two weeks before surgery, as these types of medications may increase bleeding and hinder the healing process
- Refrain from drinking alcohol the day before and the day of the liposuction procedure, and while taking any pain medication
- Fill all prescriptions before the day of the surgery
- Arrange for a friend or family member to drive them to and from the hospital or surgical center, and assist them at home for at least 24 hours following their surgery
To learn more about preparing for and undergoing a liposuction procedure, or for more information about the liposuction recovery process, contact the Bayside Center for Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. We’ll be happy to answer your questions or arrange a consultation with Dr. Roach, whether you live in New Tampa, Trinity, Clearwater, or any other nearby community.